Wednesday, July 24, 2013

BE OF GOOD CHEER!


July 9, 2013

To my dearest Family,
An Edible Arrangement!?!? You got me an edible arrangement for my birthday?!?! I couldn't believe it!!! Thanks so much. You all are seriously the best.

 So last Monday (aka my birthday) was great. After I finished emailing, we went and digrocery shopping (not super fun,) but after that we went to a zone BBQ where we played football. I was on a team with the APs. We basically dominated. ;) Then this wonderful, wonderful family, The Burrows, in the ward had us over for dinner. It was a party. Two of the kids in the family each made me a card. Then Sister Burrow made amazing taquitos and GUACAMOLE!! There was so much and it was sooooo good. And just when I didn't think it could get any better, Sister Burrows finished the final touches on this gorgeous and super delicious three layer chocolate cake. Let's just say I felt super loved last Monday. And then later that week Sister Burrows gave me the sweetest gift. She gave me a pair of real pearl earrings. I couldn't believe it. They are gorgeous and I've worn them every day since then. I feel like 21 is going to be a good year. 

The rest of the week has been a blur. We didn't really get to celebrate the 4th of the July. We had to be in our apartments by 7pm that night. So I heard fireworks all night long, but never got to see any. :( The rest of the week was busy and stressful. This week we received the transfer call. I will be in the Venice area for at least another six weeks with Sister Perry. Sister Buckley is leaving. She's going to an English area in the south part of the mission, and she will be training. She's got a mix of emotions because she's never served English before. From what I hear, it’s quite a different experience. 

We had some people drop us this week... not fun. We started teaching our Bishop's granddaughter. She's 10. It’s been super fun teaching a kid. I had no idea how hard it would be, but it’s making us be more creative. We baked cookies with her last night while teaching the Plan of Salvation. It was a bit of a stretch, but we made it work.

From my past emails, I'm sure you can tell that we are fans of McDonald's; especially Sister Buckley. We are at the point where we known which McDonald's have the best $.50 cones and which employees make the best. I'm not quite sure if I'm proud of this or embarrassed by it. Anyways, at the McDonald's with the best ice cream, there is always this one guy working. We finally decided we needed to become friends with him. His name is Merlin and he gave us Minion Stickers from Despicable Me 2!!!! Best Day Ever. I was a bit excited. 

Another thing I learned this week, butterfingers have peanut butter in them. For some reason, it took me 21 years to come to have some one point this out to me, but sure enough it does.

This past week, I've really come to love the counsel given in Doctrine Covenants 68:6. We had some fun times this week, but it was a lot of stress. Especially since we didn't know what was going to happen this week with transfers. But even when we have the most trying days or the most stressful moments, our Savior has told us to be of good cheer and not to fear. When we are striving to do what's right, we cannot fail. And that's a huge comfort. 

Love you all!! 
Hermana Mik Pillar


Happy Anniversary Mom & Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment