Wednesday, July 24, 2013

THE MISSING KEY


July 15, 2013

Greetings Family,

Mom, yes I was trying to email you back and forth last week. (Editor’s note: When Mik’s mom saw her email pop up she tried to email Mik right back, but for some reason Mik’s emails came hours apart.) We email from the family history library next to the visitors center.  As I mentioned in the email I sent to dad I wasn’t sleeping well last week, but now I’m sleeping like a baby . :) Thanks for the offers of sending something. (Editor’s note: when Mikayla mentioned she wasn’t sleeping well her mom offered to send her Advil PM, chocolate or a nerf gun to give her something to do in the middle of the night.) I laughed when I saw nerf gun. The new Mission President is so great, I really feel like he cares and we are so lucky to have him.

Things are going great here. We had transfers this past week. One of my trainers and I are staying in Venice. I miss Sister Buckley, but I’m glad that I’m still working with Sister Perry.

Last Monday, before transfers we went shopping all day and arrived home in the evening. We unloaded the car of all our groceries, and stumbled are way to the apartment door. Sister Perry then realized she didn't have the apartment key. We dropped everything and tried looking in the street and in the car. It was dark by this point. And we weren't having any luck. Being missionaries and everything, and knowing prayer works, we said a quick prayer and continued the search. No such luck. So we changed our approach. Sister Perry and I managed to crack a window open and Sister Perry crawled through. I was so grateful that we were able to get inside, not so happy at how easy it was to break into our apartment. (We now lock all our windows before we leave.) We later found the missing key in a random grocery bag while unloading. Prayer works.

The rest of the week flew by. We did everything from getting free 7/11 slurpees on Thursday to creating an obstacle course in our Bishop's back yard to teach his granddaughter. And we had a ton of lessons on Saturday. We had several new investigators but sadly none of them showed up to church on Sunday. Hopefully they will next week. 

Realized this past week I have a complete love of the New Testament. Who knew there was such great wisdom? A lesson that I've been learning lately is to have faith in the Lord and do all you can. Then watch as he calms the storms in your life. Try reading Matt 8:26. It’s amazing to see the Lord's work in your life. I've been seeing it in my own. 

Love you all,
Hermana Mikayla Pillar

No comments:

Post a Comment