Tuesday, December 10, 2013

WHAT WILL YOU GIVE CHRIST THIS SEASON?


December 9, 2013

Hey Family!
I am so sorry but I don't have a ton of time today!! Ahh... they put a limit on the computers now. One would think an hour and half would be enough, but sadly its not.

Okay and first off…THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THAT BEAUTIFUL TREE! I felt so loved so please tell everyone thank you for me. It was so sweet and so kind and I really appreciated it. And I thought your Beehives did a wonderful job cutting out the tree. It looked great to me. 

Thanks for the pictures from Maddie's b-day. Maddie... you're a babe! Love you and I cannot believe your 17!!! That's so old. haha ;) 

Quick updates:

I am now residing in Beverly Hills! I have no idea how I got so lucky, but here I am and I love it. It’s so nice to be in an actual home for the holiday season. We are going to have an actual Christmas tree!

We live in this huge house and it has a super nice backyard. We live with an older sister, who isn’t married and doesn’t have any children. She loves to play the piano so she made us sing with her the other day. Ha-ha.

She's like got serious connections; she's a friend of President Monson. We were telling her about our YSA ward and the struggles we were having with all the members going home for the holidays. She was like "well ya’ll just got the pits. I'm going to call President Monson about this." Ha-ha-ha I love her so much! She is the sweetest thing. She's even been helping us in the finding process. She's inviting over her cleaning ladies in hopes that we can meet with them and talk to them a little about the gospel. 

Oh and get this... we totally set off the house alarm the other day. Cops came and everything.  Luckily Sister … came home while we were explaining to the cops who we were. And we even invited one of the cops to the visitor center for one of the Christmas programs and I really think she might go! Sister … said it is a $200 charge every time the cops come. We talked to the mission office and offered to pay for it, but I guess the church will cover it. 

Oh and Sister .... doesn't have a computer or internet so I'm not sure about Skyping on Christmas.  I'm still trying to work that out and hopefully will have an answer by next week. 

We have a couple of potential investigators right now. So fingers crossed. One of our investigators is D…who is great and still stoked to be getting baptized on January 4th.

This week for “finding” we went caroling. We went with a few people from the ward, and it was super fun. We didn't reap any investigators, but some seeds were definitely planted. 

On Thursday I had my six-month training. It was so great and so inspirational. I love trainings. Its crazy to think I'm already 1/3 of the way done. The training was a good reminder that we've come pretty far, but to still keep going and improving and progressing. I made some new goals and am excited to go to work. 

This Christmas season has been beautiful and it’s been a real reminder of the actual meaning of Christmas. It’s been so great to see so much service and love. We were asked what we will give Christ for His gift this holiday season.  It really got me thinking. What am I going to give him? I'm still working on my list, but I challenge you to do the same. We only have a few short weeks left, but what will you give Christ this holiday season? If we go about it with an eye of faith and a heart full of service, miracles are going to happen. I promise. 

Love you lots,
Hermana Mik Pillar 

LA Temple & Vistiors Center

"Christmas Wishes Tree" 

No comments:

Post a Comment