Sunday, January 26, 2014

THE BIGGEST MIRACLE OF THE WEEK


January 20, 2014

My Dearest Family!

Hello! I have to say your adventures snowboarding and skiing in Boone sound so fun!!! How are the slopes!

James, I'm proud of you and your camping cooking abilities! I want to try your pasta and cobbler some day! J

Also, I'm devastated that the Eliason's are moving. Did they know they aren't allowed to do that?!

Can you do me a few favors when you get the chance? Not urgent, but could you send me Sister Strobel's cookie recipe? We have been asked not to use our backpack, but to use our shoulder bag.  The next time you send me something could you send my Nine West brown bag. I've been using the blue one we bought right before the mission. Its working great, but there are sometimes I think a nicer looking bag would be best. 

This week... definitely ups and downs. But no one ever said missionary work was easy. The biggest miracle of the week is our new investigator Lauren. She walked into the Visitor Center about two Sundays ago and took a tour with the Visitor Center Sisters and liked what she saw. Since she is YSA aged, we get to teach her. She is amazing!!! She has been reading the Book of Mormon and came with us to Stake conference. I was a bit worried because our whole stake conference was about “Hastening the Work of Salvation”. Basically in a very loving way, telling all members everywhere to share the gospel. So I wasn't sure how she was going to take it. But my concern turned out to be in vain, because she loved it. She really agreed with some of the doctrine that was brought up and said it made sense. I was stoked. 

Sorry I don't have a ton of time, so I have to go, but that is what is happening in LA YSA.

Love you lots!!! 
Sister Mik Pillar  

No comments:

Post a Comment