Monday, February 3, 2014

HE CARES


February 3, 2014

My Dearest Family,

So the transfer call has come. And the verdict is... I shall be staying in the LA YSA area and training. I'm picking up my brand new missionary tomorrow. Totally have mixed feelings about the whole thing. Yes, I'm stoked for the opportunity to train. Yes, I'm stressed out of my mind. Some days I still don't feel like I know what I'm doing, but maybe that's just life. Maybe we never quite really figure it out. 

Next week I'll be able to tell you all the details about my new companion. But at this point you know just as much as I do. (Oh except for the fact, that she might be a visa waiter. Apparently, we are having a lot of visa waiters come in this transfer.)

I did get the purse! Thanks so much!!! Its perfect!!!!! I've been using it all weekend and absolutely love it! And I have not seen the other package. Hopefully this Friday though!

We haven't been able to meet with Andrea for a while. Her phone stopped working, and we aren't quite sure what happened. Hopefully, we can get her back to church.

Thanks for the email on tender mercies. That's one thing I'm still working on applying to my life. I've been trying to take just a few moments and reflect on how I saw the hand of the Lord in my life each day. Its crazy how blessed each one of us is. Even on the rough days, we have things to be grateful for. 

One tender mercy happened last Tuesday. We have totally reorganized our area, and done a grid system for the maps. (Our area is the whole stake, and it’s huge.) So we were at the public library on Tuesday just finishing up a few things and were almost done. This man was sitting next to me, looked at our badge and asked if we were Mormon. We then had a huge discussion on the church. Turns out his relatives are members and have been trying to get him to learn more. Plus, he loves family history and wants to check out the family history library soon. We gave him the info, and then he asked us for our info. He wanted the missionaries to come talk to him! I was shocked but so happy. He won't be going to the congregation I work in, but we were so happy to pass his info on to other missionaries. 

Another highlight from the week was when we were able to go and help out with the Spanish ward. They were having a big LA English activity and needed some help. They were doing different stations and we were put in charge of Simon Says. People of all ages were at this thing and I got to be Simon. Let's just say it was a blast!! And word on the street is Simon Says was the favorite rotation. 

Another tender mercy...this past week, I had a couple questions about how I could be a better missionary and help my area. On Friday we went to Zone Training meeting. The Zone Leaders gave one of the trainings and said they felt they had received zero revelation about it. Oh how they were so wrong. They literally answered my question directly and with a scriptural reference. I was so touched. So amazed at how involved the Lord is with our lives. He cares. He cares so much. And it just brought me some great comfort to know that someone really is looking out for me. Christ lives. He is there and he is so aware. We just have to trust him. 

One thing I've come to learn is that this Gospel is so true and simple, but it is not easy. But when has anything good been easy. The best blessings come from the Gospel of Jesus Christ. One of my favorite Mormon messages is Elder Holland's "Good things to Come." I invite you all to go and watch it. The church is true!
Love you lots!!!!!
Sister Mik Pillar

District 

Denis, Sister Harrison, Sister Pillar, Dan (ward missionary)




Spanish Ward's LA English Activty


No comments:

Post a Comment