Monday, March 24, 2014

HE RESTORETH MY SOUL



March 17, 2014

My Dearest Family,

O my goodness, Maddie!!!! I'm so sorry about the concussion! Believe me…no bueno. But it sounds like you are a beast. Proud of your for that! I'll be praying that you make a fast recovery. And Lottie as well! 

Editor's Note:  Mikayla's sister Madeline has a concussion.  She was hit 3 times in the head and neck while playing in a varsity lacrosse game. 

So this week is transfers and the verdict is…Sister Bob got her Visa and my call has been changed and we are on our way to Brazil…joking, but that would be cool!!!  The excitement started on Friday when we received a call that Sister Bobelenyi had received her VISA. She left this morning for Brazil where she is going to rock the world! I'm so proud of her. She's going to do amazing things. I then found out what was happening with me on Sunday. I will be staying yet another transfer in the LA YSA ward. My new companion will be Sister Rackleff. She's been out longer than I have and everyone I talk to basically just raves about her. So I'm stoked to be her companion. Plus, they just took the Elders out of our ward. In past transfers, only Sisters had covered the area. When they put Elders into the ward, the teaching pool was divided like this: Sisters teach girls, Elders teach boys. Now that they took the Elders out again, we will be covering both the Relief Society and the Elders Quorum. Our teaching pool just doubled and we may have inherited a baptismal date.  My feelings.... a bit overwhelmed, but excited. Good things are going to happen this transfer. 

Since Sister Bobs left today, I have a temporary companion. Sister Foster. She's great!! We trio-ed it last night and now its just the two of us for today.  Sister Foster is the one I asked you to send a CD to.  Oh and the packages didn’t get here in time for our district meeting on Friday so I told the office and they gave Sister Bob her package before she left.  They also gave me my package so thank you and Happy St. Patrick’s Day.

Last night we went to the Departing Missionary Fireside with our investigator Isis. This is the fireside where all the missionaries who are going home bear their testimonies. It’s was super powerful, and I was stoked that Isis was there. It was crazy to think that some of the missionaries who are leaving tomorrow had barely hit their year mark when I first got here. Time is flying. Isis really loved the fireside though, which was awesome! And then afterwards, I saw a ton of people from Bell Gardens!! It felt like a family reunion. I was so happy!!!

This week past week we also had a Sister Training day. President was the only male invited. :) It was inspiring and then afterwards, we had one of the most sacred testimony meetings I have ever been too. We had been asked to read Psalm 23 (which I encourage all of you to read) and tons of Sisters bore their testimonies on the chapter. I loved how it says that "He restoreth my soul." It is so true. Christ heals us. He gives us the pick-me up at the end of a hard, long day. He makes me feel filled every Sunday as I partake of the Sacrament. I am so blessed that He suffered for me and loves me enough to walk through the hard times with me. I am so incredibly blessed. I love this Gospel. It is true. And the truth sets us free. 
Love you so much family!! 
Yours,
Sister Mik Pillar 

"Sister Olsen's nephew likes to cook and he made us dinner; simple delicious. "
Sister Tree: Sister Wells trained Sister Perry, who trained Sister Pillar who trained Sister Bob!                                            At the Sister Training Meeting 
Sister Bob's last Sunday before leaving for Brazil. 
Sister Pillar, Isis, Sister Bob outside the Visitor's Center

No comments:

Post a Comment