Monday, March 10, 2014

THE MIRACLES JUST POURED DOWN


March 10, 2014

My Dearest Family!

Hello from the great city of LA!! Thanks in advance for sending Sister Foster and Sister Bob packages. I’m not going to tell them they are in the mail; I’ll let it be a surprise. Sister Foster cut my hair today. It's been almost three months since the last time I had it cut and last time it wasn’t thinned out, so.... my hair was HEAVY!!!  It feels so much better.

Also, transfers are next week... and I have a feeling that I will leave the area.  It’s just this feeling I have. Its kind of how I felt right before I left Cudahy. I could be totally wrong, but I just feel like I'm done, and going back to Spanish. But, we shall see. I will know for sure on Sunday,

I'm sorry I don't have a ton of time today because we had a zone BBQ earlier, and played group games. I found out later that some of the elders when to play ball afterwards. No one ever invites us to anything....sigh. 

This week was amazing!! The miracles just poured down on our lives and I wish I had all the time in the world to tell you about them. Last fast Sunday our whole zone fasted that we would have success in our areas. Our district has been struggling a little bit and needed some extra blessings. It was amazing! We had success in finding less actives at home (finally) - to finding a new investigator - to picking back up an old investigator and then even having one investigator come to church!

Here's the best story from the week. So I think I've told you about our investigator, Isis. She's the greatest, but we have been trying to get her to come to church. Things kept coming up and she was never able to make it.  We basically decided this would be the week she would come. So we needed some prayers and a lot of them. We drafted a text message and sent it to almost everyone in our phone's contact list; members, less actives, recent converts, and other missionaries. We asked everyone to pray that Isis would make it to church. And the response was incredible. Our members were so excited to contribute. Everyone was saying things like "Of course!" "Absolutely!" "Yes! Thanks for letting me know!!" I was so touched.

And the coolest thing I saw from the whole experience was how excited our members were on Sunday. Everyone was coming up to us asking if Isis was here or if she was coming. It was thrilling. And you know what... Isis came!!! Thanks to the LA marathon she was a bit late (next time we will be a bit more specific in the prayers. But she came and she liked it and she wants to come back! I couldn't have been happier!! 

Prayer really works. It’s amazing what can happen when we humble ourselves and ask in faith. God is on our side!!


Another cool Miracle from this week... long story short.... we had a referral from the Pharisee Elders (some of my favorite elders in the mission) and taught this one girl named Deshaina. The lesson went super well. We set up a return appointment and life happened and she could never meet and then stopped responding to our text messages. So we were like fine, and stopped texting. Well during weekly planning last week, I was looking at our board and all the names we had, and just had this thought "you need to call Deshaina." And I was like okay fine, I'll do it later. The thought again was like "No, now is a good time." And I really couldn't argue that, so we called. And we set up another appointment. She apologized for being busy. And has been reading the Book of Mormon! I was like... what?!? Crazy. So we are going on a tour with her tonight at the visitor center. I really hope she shows up. So pray that Deshaina comes tonight!!! She is super cute!! 

Oh and another story...we did this Little Armenia service project on Saturday. I was on exchanges and in a Spanish area, which made me super happy. (And no I didn’t spend the night at the Sister Training Leaders apartment; they have bed bugs at their place. So we didn't do the sleeping over part. I didn’t complain.) Apparently, there are Armenian speaking elders in the Arcadia mission and they cover parts of our mission as well, so they were at this service project. We were talking to them and they were showing us their I-pads. (The elders might have had a little bit of an ego with the I-pads, but if I had an I-pad I might be the same way as well.) Anyways, I was like, "do you know an Elder Gardner??" And I actually met one of Riley's former companions. Cool, huh?  

Can you do me a favor... so we have mission planners, right? And I like to decorate mine. Could you by any chance send me some neat pictures of Christ? Like some interesting ones. Ha-ha that sounds terrible, but I know some sisters had their parents send them cool ones of Christ and children or another images. We see the standard ones all the time and well... something new is always good.

Love this gospel!!!! Keep the prayers and keep the faith!!! 
Sister Mik Pillar 

Janet, Sister Blair & Sister Pillar
"Ok, so the outfit is terrible!  I was on exchanges, didn't have a change of clothes for the
service project and just threw the T-shirt on over what I had on." 




No comments:

Post a Comment