Wednesday, July 9, 2014

TO GROW AND LEARN


June 16, 2014

My Dearest Family,

Okay so to answer your questions:
1) Being a Sister Training Leader is terrifying and rewarding all at the same time. It’s really giving me the chance to grow and learn. We haven't been on any exchanges yet. Our first one is Wednesday. I'm a tad bit nervous, so prayers would be nice that all goes well and we find the elect! 

I'm so grateful for my companion, Sister Landon. It’s her last transfer, so it breaks my heart that we will only have six weeks together, but I am learning so much from her. SO MUCH! She's a great example of being a consecrated missionary and trusting in our calling. Both things I am working on. 

2) Downey zone is great as always. Lots of people to talk too that are actually nice! It’s a different area than where I was before. Completely different ward, but the members are just as great.

I still don't know about the release date. There might be some changes with exchanges in the next few transfers. Its like really complicated. So I'll have interviews with President in two weeks and talk to him about it then. 

Miracle from this week because the computer is about to log me off…

We, also set three more baptismal dates. Two of them didn't come to church, so their dates will have to be pushed, but the third one was a really cool miracle! On Saturday morning, Sister Landon commented that she wanted to find someone to be baptized on June 29th. So we prayed for it. Later that day, we were visiting a recent convert and had a lesson with his parents (who are not members.) Right in the middle of the lesson, his mom started to explain how she has studied Christian faiths for 15 years, but its never felt right to be baptized. Now she feels like it is right, especially since her son was just baptized. She then set her own baptismal date for June 29. It was one of those moments, where I realized how mindful the Lord is of us. The church is so true!!! We have to work through her job and the fact that she works on Sunday, but we would love for her to be baptized at the end of this month. 

Also, I may or may not be playing a musical number in sacrament meeting in a few weeks. I'll have to explain more next week. Definitely a prompting from the spirit or else I wouldn't have volunteered.

Love you lots!! Keep praying for those missionary experiences. They will come!! 

From Downey!

Hermana Pillar 

No comments:

Post a Comment