Friday, September 27, 2013

SIMPLY AMAZING


September 16, 2013

Hello Family!!!
This week was... well just simply AMAZING and super busy! I'm still not sure where the time went, but so much has happened. So bare with me as I try and explain everything. 

On Tuesday, we had exchanges. It was just for the day so Sister Rudd left and Sister Smith came to Cudahy with me. I drove which was SUPER stressful. Sister Smith is so great! Loved her immediately. However, she is an English call. Therefore, she doesn't speak Spanish. And we had a few lessons on Tuesday. But because the church is true, I was extremely blessed and able to teach in Spanish and understand almost everything! Sister Smith was so great and would bear her testimony in English at the end and would try and share scriptures. She didn't let the language barrier affect her at all! I had to do a little bit of translating, but it was really a cool experience. Also, fun fact about Sister Smith, she is the niece of Sister and Brother Dance. Remember them from CT? The same Sister Dance I saw in the mission office not to long ago!! Small world!! 

Tuesday we also received a call that we were having emergency transfers. We switched Thursday. Sister Rudd left and Sister Young came to Cudahy with me. I LOVE Sister Young. She hails from Utah and is just an amazing person. So full of enthusiasm and has a great desire to work hard. We have a new slogan here in Cudahy. "Get Money Get Paid." Sister Young showed up and the miracles started happening. Yesterday at church we had three less active families show up!! There is a woman in the ward named M. and she has a daughter E. (who is 20) and two young boys. We have been visiting them for the past few weeks. I just absolutely love them. And they finally came to church. (They haven't been for a super long time.) I was so stoked I almost started to cry. 

(Background story: There is a woman in the ward whose is a convert. Her husband, L., and son have had no desire to take the discussions. So obviously Sister Young and I decided to make them our best friends. We have tried stopping by a few times and met L. for the first time last Thursday.) So last night, we decided to go see the M. Family in the ward that we have been visiting about once a week. We drove by the house and saw a ton of people outside talking. Sister Young and I weren't sure if we should drop by or not, but I decided to go for it. If anything it would just be more people to talk to share the gospel with, right?? Well we park the car, and walk up. And guess what... L. is the brother of Hermana M. This probably doesn't seem like a big deal via email, but my mind was blown!!!! I had no idea they were related. But L. was excited to see us! And we were able to catch up with the family for a bit and share a short scripture. It was just such a great experience.

Also, this past week we ordered an Arabic Book of Mormon for our neighbors the S. I believe I've talked about them before. They love the missionaries and always give us food. Mr. S. is the sweetest. So we ordered them a Book of Mormon because I want them in the Celestial Kingdom with me. Sister Young and I wrote our testimonies in it and gave it to them last night. Mr. S. LOVED it! We had to finish our conversation with Mrs. S. because Mr. S. just started to read at once. It was so great. Love them!

Well I hope the great state of North Carolina is treating y’all well. I miss you all so much. Please know that miracles happen. Keep reading the Book of Mormon, read Moroni's promise in chapter ten. We had a training this past week, and one of the Elders asked us when was the last time we prayed to know if the Book of Mormon was true. It kind of hit everyone hard. We all need to be reading the book and asking for that testimony to keep growing. I invite you all to pray to know if the Book of Mormon is true. 

Love you all!! Love this gospel! And I love being a missionary. Its like no other experience. You see the hand of God in your life every day. How cool is that?!
LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU. 
Hermana Mik Pillar

Oh, I just found out another emergency transfer today.  Hermana Young will only be my companion for four days!! I'm going into another trio with some of the best sisters in the mission and she is going to be a sister training leader! Life is nuts, but so exciting!!!!  I gotta go pack!

No comments:

Post a Comment