Friday, November 1, 2013

I MAKE SOMETHING UP AND KEEP TALKING


October 7, 2013

My Dear Family!

To answer a few of your questions:

Yeah, every month the mission gives us a copy of the Ensign. But thanks for thinking of me.

And I'm good on the frames. I have the two frames sitting on my desk, but I don't have room for anymore! The photobook sits on my desk as well, so I look through that occasionally. :)

Our cars have CD players and a USB cord to hook up iPods. My shuffle doesn't work on the usb drive, (I think its because its a shuffle. Because other nanos work in the cars...?) So I can only listen to it in the apartment. So CD would be great.

Congrats to Sister Burrows!! I'm so proud of her!! Will you tell her I say Happy Birthday and that I miss her family a ton?! I love them so much.

Maddie is a boss. I'm stoked that she wants to serve a mission. And her date sounds like it was so much fun. I'm a lucky girl to call her my sister.

James sounds like he was living the adventure this week too. I swear I feel like every other letter from home says that he went on a camp out. Ha-ha He will have to tell me how to survive in the wilderness when I get home.

This week was a good one. We recently dropped all of our investigators. It wasn't super fun, because I really love some of the families. But they hadn't progressed. Our mission president, President Weidman, said that if people are not reading the Book of Mormon every day, then to drop them. So we turned them back to Heavenly Father for a while, and some day in the future they'll be ready for the Gospel.

Well since we don't have any investigators now, the adventure of finding has started yet again. It’s amazing to see who is popping up in our lives now. We are meeting more and more part member families and people on the street who are willing to talk to us. Heavenly Father is consecrating our efforts. Something I realized the other day too, I don't stress about talking to people on the street in Spanish anymore. I'm far from perfect in Spanish, but it’s not a stress anymore. For the most part I understand what people say, even if they have a really difficult accent. And if I don't, well I make something up and keep talking like I do. Ha-ha. So far it’s working.

My new companion Sister Walker hails from Utah. She's great. She is so willing to work and work hard. Plus, she is fearless. The Spanish is fine, but at times approaching people is still terrifying. Not for Sister Walker. She has been a great example for me; she just charges right into a conversation with people on the street. We literally have something that every soul needs. We should not be afraid to share that with people. It’s a lesson I'm still working on.

Also, GENERAL CONFERENCE THIS WEEKEND WAS AMAZING!! I cannot even describe at how amazed I was with the talks. I completely agree with President Thomas S. Monson that it was truly one of the most inspired conferences. I was so sad yesterday after the last session. It was the first time I think in my life that wished there were more sessions of General Conference. For anyone who did not have a chance to watch it, I definitely invite you to go back through and do so. God spoke to His people this past weekend. I know it.

Family!!! Can I just say I am so proud to call you all my family!? Yeah you want to meet the investigators in your ward and help the missionaries out in your area! Seriously, that warms my heart. I loved all the talks and was super excited about the ones promoting missionary and member work. The members are were its at. I'm telling you. You will be blessed. I promise you all. You will help aid the miracles and see you fruits if you help the missionaries. Think about it. There are over 15 million members on the planet. Ergo, there are over 15 million missionaries. God's army is growing. I'm excited.


I love you all so much. I hope you know that. Also, my companion and I counted the other day. There are less than 80 days until Christmas!! Have we started listening to Christmas music in the car... you bet we have! T'is the season.... well almost.

LOVE YOU ALL. Keep the faith. Why, because it’s true.
Hermana Mik Pillar

No comments:

Post a Comment