Monday, November 18, 2013

ORANGES & COCONUT


November 18, 2013

Dear Family,
Okay so I read that article about the Sisters waiting out the typhoon on the roof of a building in the Philippines. O my gosh!!! I can't even imagine. That is truly amazing and inspiring.

And to answer your question, my new apartment is nice. Nothing fancy. It’s completely gated in, and has a heater but we haven't been able to figure out how that works yet. So I've just been working the sweaters during studies in the morning.  

I'm so proud of all ya's hard work especially with the missionary work!!! Ya'll are going to be the laborers of miracles. I can promise you that.

And yes! I did get your package!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!! I loved the skirts!!!! They are a total life savior since the zipper on 1 of my skirts broke and another ripped.

As for my life, I’m still getting adjusted to the South Gate Branch. From the few members I've met already, I have to say that I'm going to like it as everyone is super nice. I still have a car for now, but I'll definitely keep in mind about the bike safety.

Oh and fun fact about my zone, Sister Sorto and I are the only Sisters in the entire zone. It was a bit of an adjustment for me, because my first area was mostly all sisters.

Cool story from this week, Tuesday before transfers I was still with Sister Walker. We stopped at CVS to pick up some medication and while we were in one of the aisles this woman started talking to Sister Walker She acted like she had met Sister Walker before. I was super confused.

Turns out that this woman had in fact met Sister Walker before (approximately 8 months before.) They had set up a time for the sisters to visit her but something happened and the appointment fell through. Well fast-forward 8 months to a random CVS that we usually don't shop at and that she doesn't usually shop at. We spoke with her a little bit and she invited us over again. We stopped by later that night and she fed us oranges and coconut (its amazing try it!) and gave us a copy of her children's book The People Zoo. It was a super pleasant visit and just a huge testimony builder that Heavenly Father does in fact put people in our path. I left the area so I'm not sure what happened since then, but it was a cool experience.

So I read in Alma today. There is some seriously good stuff in there. I read about Helaman's Stripling Warriors. I loved in Alma 53: 20 how it says "they were men who were true at all times in whatsoever thing they were entrusted." It just goes to show that true integrity and true virtue are characteristics in all things and in all places.

Keep reading the Book of Mormon!!
LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!
Hna Mik Pillar

No comments:

Post a Comment