Sunday, November 9, 2014

CAR ACCIDENTS, BAPTISMS AND PERSIAN ICE CREAM

September 1, 2014

My Dearest Family,
Can I just say going on a mission was the best decision I ever made! Literally, my heart feels so full right now. Sister Young and I have had the transfer of all transfers. So many miracles happened this past week. I'll go into detail, but first.... we received transfer calls last night. 

The Verdict. I am staying. Sister Young is leaving for Brazil. She has ended her mission and going to visit her parents who are mission presidents over there. My new companion will be Sister Forbush. Sister Forbush and I have been friends for our entire missions. She came out a transfer after I did. She has been serving in the Visitor Center and finally is coming full field! I am so excited!!! And.... we are training a brand new missionary! We will be in a trio. I feel like I have come full circle. I started in a trio, and I'm ending in a trio. It’s going to be great. 

Okay so here are the miracles:
L, S, E and their mother S were baptized on Saturday. That was one of the most special occasions I have ever been too. Their dad was baptized in July and their older brother was baptized last May. And this family is just incredible. The change we have seen in their family and they embrace of the Gospel of Jesus Christ proves to me that this is true. 

After the baptism, I was talking with S, age 11. I asked him how he felt. He was like, "Awesome. Its the Holy Spirit." 

And tender mercy, Sister Alexa Landon was able to come to the baptism. She was my last companion and had been planning to visit the last week of August. Divine Intervention because she was able to make it to the baptism. 

And even President Weidman was able to make it for the baptism! I felt so honored!! 

Well the Spirit was just with us after the baptism. And we were so blessed. We were on our way to our dinner appointment after the baptism service was over, when we witnessed a car accident. It was a bad hit, but didn't look like anyone got hurt. We didn't know what to do. We weren't sure if we should pull over and confess that we were witnesses. Well after a few seconds of "I DON"T KNOW WHAT TO DO?!?!" We decided to go back. When we got there, one of the cars was gone. We got out and started talking to this young girl (she was 24.) She explained that she and the other owner had talked. He didn't have insurance, and when she told him that she was going to call the police, the other guy ran.

 But she thought it was so sweet that we had stopped. And then... she just started asking questions. Questions about missionaries and the Gospel!! And it was so cool. We explained what we did, why we did it, and she was so impressed. She then opened up to her own religious beliefs and confessed that she had some questions and needed to know God. It was such a neat experience and I am so glad that we stopped and went back to talk with her. Hopefully, she will met the missionaries again and accept the Gospel!

On Sunday, L, S, and E were confirmed with G M. She is just the cutest person I have ever met. And is so happy to be baptized. All the confirmations were beautiful. 

Sister Young and I were so nervous because S had work in the morning and wasn't at Sacrament. (Sacrament is last in our ward.) I had kind of accepted the fact that she wouldn't be confirmed on Sunday. Well Sacrament meeting had already gone over, and then the Bishop stands up and announces that there will be one more confirmation! S had walked in during the meeting and was able to be confirmed!! It was the best moment ever!!

A not as spiritual, but still very happy miracles... we got persian ice cream on Monday because we had to drive another Sister to the mission office. So good! I'm converting the mission one sister at a time. Then Sister Young made banana nut oatmeal cookies and home made ice cream. It was delicious. Yes it probably wasn't helping with the whole gaining weight thing. Was it still worth it... yes.

So today is Preparation Day, but the new missionaries are coming. Sister Young and I were asked to do some in-field training with them today. Basically, we are going street contacting with them around the temple. It should be fun! Pray that we find the elect, please!
Then we are having another epic FHE at a member’s apartment complex tonight. I'm excited. 

And then, tomorrow begins my last transfer. Tons of emotions are going through me right now, but I am so excited to see all of you!!! 

Love you all so much!
From Cali,

Hermana Mik Pillar

One time i lived with sister baek from Korea and she made us Curry for lunch. I have the best life. 
The district
The Perez family was baptized! It was a beautiful service. 

No comments:

Post a Comment