Sunday, November 9, 2014

SO ARE YOU A RAINMAKER?

August 18, 2014

My Dearest Family!!!
This week was the definition of miracles. We went to zone conference three times to train on how to teach simply, did two exchanges with our sisters, had Sister Young's Departing missionary fireside, met up with the coolest family ever, and had to do all our other missionary work in between. I'm a tad bit tired from waking up at 5:30am so many times, but it just goes to show you that the Lord really does give us the energy to do what we do. And I'm still in love with the work.

On Monday, we had a lesson with one of our investigators named E, age 15. She is N's (a recent convert) younger sister and is so COOL.  We brought with us another recent convert, K, also in YW. And that was inspired. A few weeks ago, I had the idea that we should invite K to a lesson. Times didn't match up until this past Monday.

Well K came, and just rocked the lesson. She and E already knew each other from school. She TESTIFIED like a champ especially of how her baptism has blessed her in her life. And then she was like, "E, are you a member?" E responded with a, "No." And K was like "Well... do you want to be a member?" The whole room was filled with suspense. Because we were all wondering the same thing. And E said, "I've actually be thinking about it. I would like to be, but I want to learn more." And we were like, "That's fine we can help with that!"

It was the coolest thing ever. And then K was so excited, Sister Young was so excited, and I was so excited. It was joy. Simply joy.

We are still working with E. She went to mutual on Wednesday and loved it and came to church yesterday as well.  And she has been reading the Book of Mormon. I was so proud of her.

On Tuesday, Wednesday, and Saturday Sister Young and I trained at Zone Conference. We were asked to train on How to Teach Simply. Because so many new missionaries have come in over the past few transfers, the mission needed a good reminder. Not going to lie, I was a bit worried when we were asked to give the training because basically we trained the entire mission. But it was so fun, and it turned out awesome. And we definitely found some points that everyone needed to improve on and were able to teach to their needs. I say SUCCESS.

Plus, one of the sisters came up to me a few days later and told me she was so grateful for our training and it had answered one of her questions. I was so touched.

And on Saturday, I had the coolest experience ever. I met up with the DeBarba family!! And even before that, when I was walking into the Visitor Center, I saw a friend of mine from my freshman's hall. Kim Johnson.

After I said hi to her, we saw the DeBarba family. It was SO good to see them. I was so touched that they would want to meet up with me! We watched "God's Plan for the Family" in the Visitor Center and just had a good experience. Then we headed to a pizza place called 800 Degrees for Lunch. Not going to lie, it was really good. We had appointments after that so we had to hurry home, but it was really good to see them.

The whole family asked a lot of questions. Dan finally asked Sister Young and I, if some missionaries were better at missionary work than others. We laughed and basically just said everyone has their strengths. He then asked us if we were "rainmakers." Haha I've never thought about it like that, but thought it was hilarious. Sister Young explained that we were STLs and that got us the comment "Oh, so you rainmaker trainers." :)

This past Sunday was ward conference as well. We sang in the choir and then Sister Young and I played "Nearer my God to Thee" for the congregation. Sister Young plays the cello and I accompanied her. That hymn is one of the easiest in the hymn books so don't be too impressed. And Sister Young just made me look good with her cello skills. But overall it went well!

Then we went to Sister Young's Departing Missionary Fireside. It was so good. So good! And then it hit me, that next time we have the DMF, I'll be one of the missionaries bearing my testimony. Such a weird thought.

The mission has started reading the Book of Mormon together again. And this time we are highlighting passages about the Savior. Its something I've been wanting to do for a long time, and am just in awe, with how much the Book of Mormon testifies of Jesus Christ. It truly is another testament of Him. And I am so grateful for it.

Love you all!!

Hermana Mik Pillar

Hispanic parties... they are the best

The things we see while knocking doors

VC with the Debarbas

La Familia Valenzuela

Companions and the roomies.

No comments:

Post a Comment